Having straight teeth doesn’t only enhance the aesthetics of your smile, it can improve your oral health as well. But many are worried that orthodontic treatments are still a long, involved process that requires wires and metal braces. We here at East Mahogany Dental want to put those fears to rest and introduce you to the amazing Invisalign system.
Invisalign clear aligners are a fantastic treatment option to get a straighter smile. Made from clear, comfortable, medical-grade material, they are discreet dental trays you place over your teeth to help correct your smile. This innovative, streamlined design does not need products like headgear. Just a quick solution to a straighter smile!
Invisalign Clear Aligners vs. Traditional Braces
Even if you haven’t worn traditional braces, you are likely aware of the problems that come with the “metal mouth” style of corrective orthodontics. These braces:
- Need frequent in-person adjustments from an orthodontist
- Can disrupt speech.
- Come with a long list of dietary restrictions.
This is all due to the relation between the brace, bracket, and wire. Most traditional braces depend on a pulling force to guide your teeth into the proper position. If this tension is disrupted, even by an extra chewy snack, it would need an adjustment to function properly.
However, this isn’t the case with Invisalign clear aligners, because they operate by a different method. By creating a personalized treatment plan with digital precision, Invisalign clear aligners are placed over your teeth and apply gentle, corrective pressure that pushes instead of pulls.
Not only does this create a more comfortable experience while getting straighter teeth, it allows those using the Invisalign system to avoid the many complications of conventional wire and bracket braces!
Are Invisalign Clear Aligners Right for Me?
Getting straighter teeth creates a more aesthetically pleasing smile while promoting better dental health. If you or a loved one are looking to accomplish either of these goals, then Invisalign clear braces might be the correct choice. While consultation is necessary to determine if you are an Invisalign system candidate, consider scheduling a consultation if one or more of these conditions apply:
- Diastema (Gap Teeth): If you have gaps between your teeth, it can greatly increase your risk of gum disease. Invisalign orthodontics can bring your teeth together and minimize the gaps and prevent gum disease.
- Overcrowded Teeth: Due to genetics and jaw development, sometimes there isn’t enough room for teeth to emerge comfortably. This can cause teeth to crowd, increasing the chances of teeth becoming crooked, becoming impacted, and weakening your bite.
- Overbite or Underbite: If you have a misaligned bite, it can lead to difficulty chewing. This extra stress put on the joints of your jaw can create future issues such as the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
While Invisalign braces are generally marketed towards adults, you can choose to get them for your kids too! There is a lot more independence involved with Invisalign aligners than with traditional braces, so make sure your child is responsible enough to wear their aligners at least 22 hours a day.
Advantages of Invisalign Clear Aligners
At East Mahogany Dental, we strive to provide all of our patients with the absolute finest in dental care. This means we don’t only want to give you a straight, beautiful smile, but also make sure the experience doesn’t interrupt your day-to-day life.
That is where the streamlined design of the Invisalign clear aligner excels, providing numerous advantages to make sure your dental experience doesn’t complicate your daily life. Advantages such as:
- Nearly Invisible Design: The aligners of the Invisalign system are designed to be comfortable and discreet. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign clear aligners can hardly be noticed when worn.
- Completely Removable: Invisalign clear aligners can be removed, allowing you to continue your usual activities without issue. There’s no need to worry about your aligners when going to the beach, playing sports, or even brushing your teeth as you can simply remove them beforehand.
- Quicker Results: While traditional braces can take up to two years to be completely effective, that isn’t the case here. The innovative technology of Invisalign clear aligners has allowed some patients to get the results they wanted within six months!
Contact Us Today for Your Invisalign Orthodontics Consultation
Any residents of Calgary and the surrounding areas who are interested in getting a healthier, straighter smile without the hassles of traditional braces can contact East Mahogany Dental. We can provide incredible treatments with innovative dental technology like Invisalign clear aligners, allowing you a quick, comfortable, and discreet solution to a greater smile. Schedule your consultation today!