At EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of our patients’ personal and medical information and to using all our patients’ personal and medical information in a responsible and professional manner. This document describes how your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed. In addition to the circumstances described in this document, we also collect, use and disclose personal information when permitted or required by law. Please review this document carefully.
WHAT ARE PERSONAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION? HOW DO WE COLLECT USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION?
- Your first name and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your business name
- Your website URL
- Your social media pages
- Your address, including city, province and postal code
- Any personal data you post on our website or social media pages
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, time zone settings, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
- Your marketing and communication preferences
- Any information that you directly provide to us, whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email, or otherwise
- Cookies and usage data
Our purposes for collecting and using your Personal Information may include, for example:
- Opening and updating patient files
- Invoicing patients for dental services, processing payments, or collecting unpaid accounts
- Process claims for payment or reimbursement from third-party health benefit provider and insurance companies
- Sending reminders to patients concerning the need for further dental examination or treatment
- Sending patients informational material about our dental practice
Personal Information is disclosed to third party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of dental treatment or has asked us to submit a claim on the patient’s behalf. Financial information may be collected in order to make arrangements for the payment of dental services. We collect information from our patients about their health history, their family health history, physical condition, and dental treatments (collectively referred to as “Medical Information”).
We collect and use patients’ Medical Information for the purpose of diagnosing and providing dental treatment.
Patients’ Medical Information may be disclosed to others, including, for example:
- To third party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all or part of the cost of dental treatment or has asked us to submit a claim on the patient’s behalf
- To other dentists and dental specialists, where we are seeking a second opinion and the patient has consented to us obtaining the second opinion
- To other dentists and dental specialists if the patient, with their consent, has been referred to us by the other dentist or dental specialist for treatment
- To other dentists or dental specialists where those dentists have asked us, with the consent of the patient, to provide a second opinion
- To other health care professionals such as physicians if the patient, with their consent, has been referred to us by the other health care professional for either a second opinion or treatment
If we are ever considering selling all or part of our dental practice, qualified potential purchasers may be granted access to patient information as part of the due diligence process in order to verify information important to the potential sale. If this occurs, we will take steps to ensure that the prospective purchaser safeguards all personal information.
Dentists are regulated by the Alberta Dental Association and College which may inspect our records and interview our staff as part of its regulatory activities in the public interest.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. However, our web server may collect information related 3 to your visit on our website, including the IP address and domain used to access our website, the type and version of your browser, the website you came from to access our website, the page you entered and exited at, any website page that is viewed by that IP address, and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website’s performance (e.g., number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes, such as working to continually upgrade our website. We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology to understand how you use our website and to better meet your needs. You can set your web browser not to accept cookies. However, in some cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL and its marketing service Social Dental NOW, LLC, and other marketing agencies or affiliates use remarketing services to connect and market to you on thirdparty websites to you after you have visited our website or social media platform. You may opt out of the following remarketing services in the manner described below:
GOOGLE ADS: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
FACEBOOK: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt out of Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
YOUR CONSENT IS IMPORTANT TO US
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL AND MEDICAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal and Medical Information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your Personal and Medical Information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while our website strives to protect your Personal and Medical Information, we cannot warrant the security of any information your transit to us over the internet, and you do so at your own risk. Once our website receives your transmission, we make all reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL AND MEDICAL INFORMATION
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your Personal or Medical Information happens to change during the course of your relationship with EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances, we may not agree with your request to change your Personal or Medical Information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL AND MEDICAL INFORMATION
You can ask to see the Personal and Medical Information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your Personal or Medical Information, please contact our Privacy 5 Officer using the contact information set out below. Please note that such communications must be in writing. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your Personal or Medical Information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
QUESTIONS AND ISSUES
If you have any issue with EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL, the fastest course of action to is to call the Office Manager or Dr. Dhaliwal directly. Your calls are always welcome, and one of them will always return your call. If you would like more information about our privacy policies, or have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact our Privacy Officer: Navdeep Dhaliwal
EAST MAHOGANY DENTAL
15 Masters Dr. SE #180, Calgary, AB T3M 3M3, Canada