If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you are probably already aware of the drawbacks; the increased difficulty to chew and the loss of a full smile. But did you know that there is a permanent solution to these drawbacks? At East Mahogany Dental, we provide quality dental implants that can restore both the functionality of your dental health and the aesthetic of your smile!
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an ideal and permanent solution to addressing tooth loss. Using top-tier dental materials like titanium posts and beautifully crafted porcelain crowns, we make dental implants to fit snugly into your jaw and serve as a fully functional replacement for your natural teeth.
Not only do implants provide additional benefits like being resistant to staining and immune to tooth decay, but they also last a lifetime!
How Do I Know That Dental Implants Are Right For Me?
At East Mahogany Dental, we want to make sure that all of your dental needs are met, both in form and function. So if you have lost one or more teeth or have damaged teeth that you are interested in replacing, consider asking yourself the following questions:
- Do I want a fuller smile?
- Am I worried about lost teeth affecting my oral health?
- Am I interested in a permanent solution to tooth loss?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, it could be the solution you are looking for. To explore the possibilities of dental implants contact our office and schedule a consultation.
Aren’t Missing Teeth Just A Cosmetic Issue?
Many might think that a lost tooth is only an issue concerning the aesthetic of your smile. Unfortunately, that is not the case. While it is true that missing teeth can harm how your smile looks, there are plenty of health risks associated with lost teeth.
Health Risks of Missing Teeth
Dental implants, however, offer amazing benefits that negate almost all of the health problems associated with missing teeth, including:
- The Loss of Stability for Remaining Teeth: When you have one or more missing teeth, the gap left by the absent teeth can cause your remaining teeth to shift, which can cause them to become crooked or damaged when you chew. Replacing the tooth with a dental implant can prevent your other teeth from shifting.
- Further Tooth Loss: Exposed gums left by lost teeth increase the chances of harmful bacteria building up. This buildup can cause gum disease, which can make your gums weaker, and put all of your teeth at risk. Dental implants have the advantage here because they not only replace the tooth but fill in the hole left behind in the gums as well.
- Jawbone Deterioration: Your teeth have quite the impact on the rest of your mouth and beyond, including your jaw. They provide the necessary stimulation to the jawbone to keep it healthy, and the loss of multiple teeth can cause bone loss. Dental implants are put directly into the jaw where they can provide that same stimulation and prevent bone loss.
- Weakened Facial Muscles: When you have a full set of teeth, it assists in keeping your jaw and facial muscles healthy and taunt. The loss of these teeth can weaken these muscles, which can cause a sagging look to your face. Get these to help keep your face muscles strong.
While these threats to our dental health and overall well-being caused by tooth loss can seem severe, you shouldn’t panic. Not when the incredible dental team at East Mahogany Dental is here to help with restorative treatments like dental implants!
Discover What Dental Implants Can Do for You at East Mahogany Dental!
If you are a resident of Calgary or the surrounding areas and have concerns about tooth loss, there’s no need to worry. Not when East Mahogany Dental is just a call or click away! We are dedicated to providing incredible solutions for your oral care needs. Our talented team creates personalized treatment plans for every patient.
Don’t wait to receive a fuller, healthier smile and contact us today to learn more about what dental implants can do for you.