Missing teeth? Experiencing tooth pain or broken teeth? East Mahogany Dental can help. Our porcelain crowns and bridges are made specifically to keep our Calgary patients’ teeth whole and healthy. Don’t live with a dysfunctional smile a moment longer. Call East Mahogany Dental for a consultation today!
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are one of the more popular and accessible services that focus on damaged teeth. Our teeth are incredibly hard-working and the risks to them are plentiful; tooth decay, enamel erosion, or dental trauma to name just a few. However, if your tooth is damaged, it can be preserved by a crown, which is a protective and natural-looking cap placed over the tooth.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges serve a similar purpose to a crown. However, as the name implies, this dental appliance “bridges” gaps in teeth, making it a great solution for anyone missing multiple teeth. Bridges can be used to replace all types of teeth, though we recommend a different option for the molars at the very back of your mouth because the dental bridge relies on surrounding teeth for support.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns and Bridges?
A missing tooth has an obvious impact on the aesthetic of your smile, but did you know that it could also have dire consequences on your oral health and overall wellbeing? Having missing teeth exposes your gums to harmful bacteria that can develop into periodontal disease. There is also an increased risk of instability to your remaining teeth, which can cause them to shift and negatively affect your bite and jaw.
Taking advantage of dental crowns or bridges provides the benefit of a full, healthy set of teeth which allows you to avoid such threats to your dental health. All while making your complete smile look fantastic thanks to the high-quality porcelain used in creating them!
When Would I Need a Dental Crown?
Due to their amazing ability to act both as a restorative dental appliance and a cosmetic one, there are many reasons for having a dental crown. Consider scheduling consultation at East Mahogany Dental if you are interested in any of the following:
- Protecting a Weak Tooth: If the integrity of a tooth has been compromised because of tooth decay, a dental crown can offer the protection necessary to keep the tooth from cracking.
- Restoring a Damaged Tooth: If you have a tooth that has already suffered substantial damage to the enamel thanks to injury or tooth erosion, a dental crown is an ideal restoration method.
- Providing an Even Aesthetic: If you suffer from any gaps between teeth or have one or more teeth that are unevenly sized, a dental crown can be crafted and placed to create an even smile.
- Resolving Discoloration Issues: If you have a tooth that is severely discolored due to stains or thinning enamel revealing the dentin, a dental crown can be shade-matched to brighten your smile.
When Would I Need a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are incredibly popular solutions to restore multiple teeth while providing an enhanced aesthetic to your natural smile. But they also offer many ways to reverse any adverse effects from having lost multiple teeth. You may want to schedule a consultation for dental bridges if you are looking for:
- A Fuller Smile: Dental bridges address the loss of multiple teeth, allowing you to get a full smile quickly and comfortably.
- Restored Bite Strength: Having missing teeth can negatively impact bite strength, making it difficult to chew. Dental bridges can restore bite strength and function like your natural teeth.
- Impoved Speech Capability: The loss of even one tooth can cause issues with speaking and pronouncing certain words. Having a dental bridge effectively returns missing teeth and assists in articulation.
Don’t Delay Improving Your Dental Health—Call Us Today!
Residents of Calgary and the surrounding areas don’t need to decide between improving their oral health and a cosmetically pleasing smile. With East Mahogany Dental, we provide only stunning porcelain dental crowns and bridges. Find out how you can enjoy the looks and health benefits they offer. Contact us today!